Enfield 2-Piece Bb Fife by Walt Sweet
The Enfield brings old traditions to a new standard for Bb drum corps fifes. With classic conical bore, the projection and intonation are superb. Profiled and undercut fingerholes and a precision-cut blowhole mean smooth, fast and clear playing, on the parade route or in concert. The stainless-steel tuning barrel has a long metal tuning slide; this slides into the head's brass receiver for years of free action. A high-performance fife at a competitive price, the Enfield was designed by Walt Sweet and is manufactured at Sweetheart Flute Company.
By default, this fife is manufactured to play about 30 cents sharp of concert Bb, which is standard for drum corps usage. It can be manufactured at A 440Hz by special request.
- Bore is conical for superb intonation with sweet-blending harmonies, as on classical instruments.
- Blowhole is precision-cut with CNC for maximum projection and speed of response.
- Bowtie cutaway (in front of blowhole) for easier highs & robust lows (standard).
- True dynamic range: Can be played gently or with hurricane strength, but always with clarity and sweetness.
- Free-acting, long tuning slide protects itself when the fife is disassembled.
- The bimetal design eliminates galling and stuck slides.
- The tuning barrel (slide adaptor) is field-replaceable.
- Its knurled ring makes an easy grip with a smart look.
- Lined with synthetic cork for durability.
- Three ferrules are stainless steel, buffed to a tough shine that lasts for years. These match the tuning barrel in material and finish.
- Head and body are African blackwood, seasoned under a controlled process for lasting integrity.
- Tung oiled.
- Fine laser engraving and serial numbers.
- Fingerholes are profiled and undercut for clean articulation, smooth transitions, resonance, and a quality sound.
- The A-hole is offset for a comfortable reach.
- C-natural is stable.
- Ds are aligned.
- A bold claim: of any fife ever made, the Enfield model is the best in tune, across three octaves.
- Standard drumcorps pitch in B-flat.
- Crown cap is high-impact polymer.
- No more chipped crowns! Endstopper (the bore 'cork') is hardfaced for a full sound.
- 6-hole and 10-hole versions available (with swappable head).
- Engineered in-house for identical intonation.
- Ensured craftsmanship and customer service.
|Brand:||WD Sweet Flutes|